The world's first 8- and 12-core x86 server processors are now available
for single- & dual-processor Pogo Linux Atlas servers.
Pogo Linux single- & dual-processor Atlas rackmount servers built with AMD's next generation Opteron™ processor technologies maximize energy efficiency and scale performance to help grow your business. The AMD Opteron™ 6000 Series platform is the server platform you can count on as real-world workloads become increasingly complex and demanding.
Based on the next-generation AMD Direct Connect Architecture 2.0 with up to 48 total cores in a 4P configuration, this platform more than doubles the memory bandwidth, and provides nearly 2x the I/O bandwidth of previous generation 2P and 4P servers2, helping your business tackle complex jobs with greater throughput, exceptional value and readiness to scale.
AMD Opteron™ 6000 Series processor platform features:
- 8- & 12-core Processors – Get 2x the performance over previous 6-core generation systems
- Expanded DDR3 Memory Capacity – Up to 66% faster memory performance to drive optimal performance
- 4 Memory Channels per socket – More memory bandwidth with support for up to 50% more DIMMS
- 12MB L3 Cache per socket – Double the L3 cache to accelerate data access!
- Power Management – Double the cores means double performance – without doubling the cost of energy!
- Enhanced HyperTransport™ Technologies – Nearly twice the I/O bandwidth from 4 HT3 links and an integrated CPU & chipset platform
- AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) – Accelerate software-based virtualization to run more VMs with less overhead
Product Brief – AMD Opteron™ 6000 Series Processor
Performs When the Workload Gets Tough
The AMD Opteron™ 6000 Series platform is optimized for high performance and scalability. Match memory and compute intensive workloads with the right server platform to realize superior price/performance ratios.
Available Now – Atlas Servers with AMD Opteron™ 6000 Series
Match tough workloads with the right-fit server platform, and realize superior performance in memory and compute intensive workloads.
Take control now with new power, virtualization and memory innovations today, and socket compatibility with the planned AMD Opteron™ 6200 Series processors.
Technical Busines Value
Gain advantages normally reserved for high-end systems, with exceptional value, low total cost of ownership, and generational consistency.
Choose from our line of best-selling single- & dual-processor Atlas rackmount servers – now powered by the industry's only 12-core x86 processor. Scale performance and save energy throughout your IT infrastructure.
From a single database server to a complete data center deployment, Pogo Linux offers a wide range of servers and network storage solutions for just about every IT project. Discover our passion to merge business with Open-Source technologies today by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1 (888) 828-POGO (7646) to speak with a knowledgeable sales representative.
Sign-up to receive product news & announcements direct to your inbox!